Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ode To A Cupcake

This week, even though it is a short one, has been oh so uber hectic. The sucky thing about it is that it's not over yet. Today marks my busiest and longest day thus far.

It started off at 5 AM when my alarm clock goes off. I usually don't wake up that early (or shall i say...I NEVER wake up that early), but I had an uber early meeting. Let me take this opportunity to thank my collegues in Boston for scheduling it. I actually didn't wake up exactly at 5 AM, so I had to call-in to the meeting from my car (thank you renee for the bluetooth, it came in handy!). Getting into work when no one is here actually made me feel good. I won't be doing that often, but at least I got to experience it once, hah! So moving on. You would think that because I came in early, I would leave early. That's not the case, my friend. I actually have to stay later than usual! And not only that, I have class tonight and will have to sit there for four straight hours.

So knowing that my day is not even close to being over, I decided to take a mid-day Starbucks break. I needed some caffine in my body, like ASAP. (Oh, did I mention my 'coffee only once a week new year's resolution' is totally over?) So me and my friend from work head over to our fave Starbucks spot and we are in line. Then I hear her say, "Red Velvet Cupcake!" *Gasp...I know! I look into the pastry section, and like a ray of light shining on it....I see it. Two red velvet cupcakes. (pause for dramatic effect)

It was perfect, one for each of us. It's amazing that this little cupcake changed my whole outlook on my day. It doesn't beat Marita's though (if you don't know about Marita's then you are certainly missing out). But it did hit the spot. Mmm...cupcake.

1 comment: