Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sugarpill...you know you want try it...

The first time I heard about Sugarpill cosmetics was on YouTube while watching one of my new favorite make-up gurus, JazzieBabyCakes. Before I go on, I have to say that JazzieBabyCakes is so freaken awesome. She's so talented and I love the way she does her make-up. Check her out!

So JazzieBabyCakes did a review on Sugarpill cosmetics and I got curious. So I found the website and it appealed to me instantly. I'm a visual person, so I liked the vibrant colors and bold style. After browsing the products and reading some reviews, I was hooked. The reviews that I did read said that the colors were very pigmented, which I like! I mean, who doesn't like bright and dynamic colors?!

I really didn't need to buy more make-up, but when I saw that this cosmetic line just launched in February 2010 AND she was based in Oakland, CA, I knew I had to buy something. I mean, I have to support a fellow Bay Area resident. I placed my order on March 2nd and it showed up on my doorstep today. I packaging was cute! I loved how Amy personally signed the packaging slip and threw in a decal.



I don't own any loose eyeshadows, so that's what I decided to get. I bought Decora (the pink one) and Magpie (the blue one).
Another thing that I've been into lately is glitterly/shimmery (remember My Private Jet OPI nail color?...loved it!). I wanted to try it out right away, so I played around with Decora. I have a few pink shadows that are slightly lighter than this one. But the reason I don't really use them is because the color doesn't really show as I hoped it would. The reviews I read on Sugarpill were right, the color was way more pigmented and I was happy with how the color turned out.

I'm excited to actually put this on both eyes (HAH!) and wear it out, instead of just one eye before I go to bed. My first experience with Sugarpill and loose eyeshadow was a success. I'd definitely recommend this brand to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment