Thursday, February 25, 2010

Spinning vs. Me....

Spring is just around the corner and I've got a few trips coming up. I'm a few months behind in my goal to get fit and lose weight. I just haven't been motivated, my fault, really. I've actually avoided weighing myself because I knew there would be no difference from almost two months ago.

Well, this morning as I was waiting for the shower to heat up, I saw that little sucker in the corner collecting dust. Yeah, you know, the scale. I thought, "What the heck...mind as well." I hop on and low and behold, -8 lbs. Crazy, right?! That negative number was stuck in my head the whole day. I thought,"Well, maybe I remembered my January weight wrong." So I looked back and it was just as I remembered.

You'd think I'd be more excited about this. But I have to remember that I was really sick during the month of January and I changed my diet a bit. So that's probably where the loss came from. Regardless, it was a great wake-up call and I told myself,"Why break the streak?"

Share asked me this afternoon to go to spin class with her. I've gone before and actually enjoyed it. It's been a few months since I last stepped into the gym, so I hesitated at first and didn't give her an answer. "Why break the streak?" So, finally I told her I would. We got there and I felt so tired and sluggish (I didn't even workout yet!). There was a small percentage of me that wanted to back out because I woke up not feeling well and had a sore throat. Sign that I am probably getting sick....again! But I sucked it up and went.

Oh my goodness, let me tell you, spinning kicked my @$$! I could not keep up, even with a sick instructor who wasn't even as tough as other spin instructors. My legs, arms, and @$$ (I forgot how much those bike seats hurt!!!) were killing me not even halfway through the class.

I won't let this discourage me. Even though I did lose a couple lbs. doesn't mean I'm fit or healthy. Tonight's spin class proved to me that I am truly out of shape (like I didn't know that already). Once I got home, I plopped myself on my bed and didn't want to move for the entire episode of The Deep End and Grey's Anatomy. Let's see how Turbo Kick Boxing and Zumba treat me!

No comments:

Post a Comment