Sunday, August 2, 2009

Summer....what's that?

Summer used to mean sleeping until noon. It used to mean getting Jamba Juice in the middle of the day and chatting with friends for hours (well...I guess that still happens every now and then). It used to mean weeks of doing absolutely unproductive and time-wasting activities. That is, until this thing called "work" entered my life. *sigh....

When iHeartFaces posted that Week 30 would be their bye week for contests, and in its place would be a photo sharing week about summer, I thought, "Oh...should I share photos of my cubicle, because that's where I'm spending my summer."(I actually may do that one day!)

This has been in the back of my thoughts for a few days now, and finally thought of the perfect summer post!

Every year, for the past couple years, me and my sissy try to hit up different festivals during the summer. I mean, that's one of the great things about the Bay Area; we're so diverse! There seems to be an Arts and Wine festival in every city, there was the (unsuccessful) Great American Food and Music Festival, and I can't leave out the famous Gilroy's Garlic Festival. But the one that I want to focus on today, is the Aloha Festival at the Presidio.

I look forward to this festival every year! What more can a girl ask for? If I can't go to Hawaii, this may be the next best thing. Live music and dancing, great food, and shopping!

We took our nieces this year. They were a little cranky that day, and it might have been due to the fact that they were out late the night before (no really....they go out! haha)

Ahh...the food. It's probably the main reason we go. Lomi Lomi, Laulau, Poke, Malasadas, and of course Spam Musubi. (and did I mention Hurricane Popcorn?!?!?.....it's heaven)
Here are the girls with two of the performers. Aren't they adorable!?
I still have a few more weeks of summer and I'm going to end it with a bang. I've got a few mini-vacays up my sleeve, so keep an eye out for those posts!

2 comments:

  1. This brings back memories of when I lived in Hawaii...ah, malasadas, how I love you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That food looks delicious! Over here the summer has been rain, rain, and more rain so my first thought about this week was similar to yours...post pics of the inside of my house, lol!

    ReplyDelete