Monday, February 1, 2010

Grammy's at its Best...and Worst

The Grammy's is probably my favorite awards show. It would either be that or the MTV Music and/or Movie awards. Celebrities just seem more laid back and are ready to have fun during those three award ceremonies. I, and over 25 million other people, tuned in to Sunday nights Grammy's and I was well entertained.

Although I missed Lady Gaga's opening performance, I was able to catch it on the ever so reliable youtube.com. She doesn't disappoint. I always to expect a great show from her, I semi-wanted to go to her concert when she was in town, but didn't. Heard it was fab though!

I'm not going to comment on every performance, but I do have a comment for a few of them.
  • P!nk: I totally respect you as an artist. I wasn't a big fan of yours up until I went to the Britney Spears concert and you did your acrobatics thing. Totally cool and I was very impressed. Then you performed "Sober" at the 2009 Video Music Awards on MTV. Love that song and again, totally impressed with your acrobatic skills. Then you preformed "Have You Ever" at last night's Grammy's and tried to dazzle us with the acrobatics yet again...it's getting kind of old. We get you are flexible and strong...and you can sing at the same time as hanging from a piece of cloth. But you have to give us something new! Time to step it up!
  • Beyonce: I really enjoyed your performance, it was probably my favorite of the night, but don't get why you got so nervous while accepting your award. You even say,"I'm sorry, I'm nervous." BUT...after googling, I saw that you picked up six awards last night, which is a record for a female artist. So I'm going to overlook that. Congrats, girl!
  • Taylor Swift: You are still one of my faves! I'm still a fan of your Fearless album and think you're the sweetest and most humble young artist out there. I heard a lot of people saying you were way off pitch last night, and I have to agree. But! I wasn't a fan of yours because you're the greatest singer (that's not an insult, I promise), but I respect that you write your own songs, play a few instruments, and seem like a genuinely nice person who doesn't let fame get to you. I heart Taylor Swift!
My vote for worst dress is (drum roll please): Jennifer Hudson. The black tights are not kickin' it for me. Without it...it would've worked! Maybe I'm being too hard on her, I mean, I think it's flattering on her it's just that the tights are throwing me off. And she looks so good for just having a baby! So I'll take my vote back and give it to...

Photo courtesy of CoCoPerez.com

...Ciara. Girrrrrrl...what were you thinking?! I'm so confused by the whole thing!
Photo courtesy of americansuperstarmag.com

My vote for best dress goes to...*gasp*...it's a tie! This award goes to both Rihanna and Lea Michele of Glee!!! *applause* Both ladies look fab-u-lous! I wish I could look this good :)

Photo courtesy of CoCoPerez.com

Photo courtesy of gofugyourself.celebuzz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment