Sunday, February 21, 2010

Savings!

I really just can't get enough of FRIENDS. It's one of my all time favorite shows. I love watching the re-runs, and I still find myself cracking up! They are just too funny. Tonight's episode, Ross had some important event and none of the friends were ready to go. The funniest part of the episode is when Chandler and Joey fight over the chair.

Chandler was sitting on the chair first, then gets up to go to the bathroom. When he comes back, he sees Joey sitting in the chair he just deserted. They argue about it, Chandler hides Joey's underwear, Joey wears all Chandler's clothes, Joey takes the essence of the chair (the cushions, duh!). It was just too funny.

It reminded me of my childhood. No, no one hid my underwear and no one wore all my clothes! When I was little, whenever we left a chair we intended to return to, we always said "Savings!" And that was that...no one could touch that seat. And if someone did, we argued, "But I said 'savings!" It's funny how we made that the rule that everyone had to obey. 20 and some odd years later and we still use that magic word and it works.

1 comment:

  1. I love how the rule of Savings has been passed down to the next generation. So PROUD =D

    ReplyDelete